keeping your diet on track ~ creating a visual tool to help find possible allergies ~ or maybe, you just want to be a little more conscious about what you are consuming on a daily basis...
A Food Diary Might be your answer! :)
“The more food records people kept, the more weight they lost,” says Jack Hollis PhD, a researcher at KPCHR and lead author of the study published in the August issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. “Those who kept daily food records lost twice as much weight as those who kept no records. It seems that the simple act of writing down what you eat encourages people to consume fewer calories.”
5 Reasons To Keep A Food Diary:
- Helps you to keep track what you are eating ~ many people are not aware of proper serving sizes and are eating too many calories. Once you start keeping record of all that you are eating throughout your day, and it is right there infront of you - you will learn what you are eating (is it healthy for you or is it not giving your cells any nutritional value) and pay special attention to the quantities of food/drink that is on your plate and/or glass.
- Can help you lose weight ~ having a written (or electronic) record of all that you are eating, is a great place to start making you aware what is being put into your body! Once you are aware and acknowledge what you are consuming, then you are more aware of what you need to do to get to your weight loss goals. You can then set some realistic goals and go from there.
- Planning meals/snacks ~ Once you have your goals set, you can start planning out your healthy meals and snacks. Start looking at cookbooks, Pintrest, blogs, websites, etc. for ideas that inspire you to make your preparations and meal times a healthy and fun one. Check out my Pintrest for some ideas!
- Help you see if you are lacking in any area - are you drinking enough water everyday? How is your intake of: fiber, vitamins, fruits, vegetables, good quality protein, etc. You can learn so much from your daily eating habits and what you could be lacking in your diet (ex. are you always craving sweets? It could be a lack of magnesium in your diet). Listen to your body ~ it is amazing what you can learn from it! :)
- A tool to keep you on track ~ it is hard to always stay on the 'healthy' pathway, but keeping a Food Diary can help you see where you are going off-track and where you need improvement. It is also important to celebrate your achievements in reaching your goals - so don't forget to acknowledge the positive too!!
Keeping a Food Diary Should be a Learning tool that you enjoy doing!
I have made this Food Diary just for you ~ I hope you use it and learn more about yourself! ♡ If you would like a Nutritional Consultation, I would be honoured to help you!
Shaklee 180 for iphone or ipad - helps you stay on track and stay motivated for your ultimate turnaround success
Shaklee 180 for android - helps you stay on track and stay motivated for your ultimate turnaround success
myfitnesspal - is a diet and fitness community built with one purpose in mind: providing you with the tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals.
Please leave a comment on what you use to keep track of your Food, I would love to know!